Monday, December 30, 2013

A tad bit crafty

So after my blog post I got up and cleaned house, including vacuuming my bed covers because of dog hair. (I just washed them but my dog sheds a lot so I have to vacuum the covers sometimes in between washings or I would have to wash them every day instead of once a week.) So in the middle of cleaning hubby asks if I wanted to go to get some groceries with him. So I had my room, the hallway, and dining area clean. I was on a roll...even dusted the blinds in my room. We went to walmart and the grocery store, came home, put everything up, I cleaned the kitchen, and started making a couple candles. After the candles I cleaned the living room and kitchen back up. And I worked on a project!! Jordan messed up his corkboards that I was going to put in his room, but I kept the pieces thinking I could do something with them one day. So the hubby suggested I cut out animals faces with them for the baby's room. The other day I printed out some templates for woodland ornaments and it was perfect for it. 
You can find the template I used at this blog!
I cut out the templates and placed on the corkboard, traced around the face and cut out. Drew out the details like eyes wings etc. and I was done. I have and old golden frame that the glass broke but I kept the frame anyways so I took a piece of cardboard and wrapped and glued some burlap material then glued to the back of the frame.  And this is my end result. I think its cute and will add a little flair to the baby's room. I really want to start decorating her room so I know what I need and what I need to do.